Monday, November 9, 2015

Blog Post 9

1) A flipped classroom is a new and different way of learning.  Students listen and watch lectures at home and do homework in the classroom.  This is designed to designate classroom time for students to get help on the topic.  There is much to learn about the flipped classroom.
Educational Video: http://www.watchknowlearn.org/
2) An interesting web-based resource for teachers is http://www.edhelper.com/.  This website has helpful ideas for all elementary grade levels and subjects.  It has videos, presentations, worksheets, morning work and much more for all teachers.
I think as a teacher, I may use this webiste when looking for new ways to teach a lesson.  Different ways of working lessons keeps the classroom interesting and the students engaged.
3) While working with PowerPoint I have acquired a few new skills.  Before the PowerPoint for Information Dissemination project I thought I knew everything about PowerPoint.  I have now learned a lot about transitions, animations, sounds and much more.  I enjoyed creating the game for a classroom it is definitely something I will use when becoming a teacher.  Hopefully teaching Kindergarten, I will make the game and layout easier, but it is definitely a great skill.  In the future I may focus on one subject instead of a broad review.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Mary! I'm glad you were able to learn some new PowerPoint skills to use in your future classroom!

    ReplyDelete