Monday, September 14, 2015

Blog Post #2


  • MS Word has been used in my education since Kindergarten.  I have written papers, done projects and much more on Word.  I have seen teachers write countless tests on Word.  They have also used it for notes, study guides, project instructions and so much more.  Something new that I learned about word is the Smart Art link.  I think that this will help a lot when creating charts for the classroom.
  • Throughout my years at school I have has experience with copyright and fair use of materials.  I have been able to use songs and videos in presentations, because they were not put out on the internet and it was not used for profit.  When writing papers, we must be extra careful when referencing someone else’s findings, because if it is not cited correctly, that is plagiarism.  As a teacher I will use pictures, videos and some songs in presentations, but I will never use them for profit.  When teaching kindergarten, I don’t think my student will have to worry about this yet, but if I were to teach an older group, they will have to learn all about copyright and fair use before doing any assignments.

  • As we use twitter for this class, I have learned how to connect with other educators and peers in this class.  When using social media in the future I think that it will help tremendously for my lesson plans.  Especially as a new teacher, social media may help a lot.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Mary! You are right... Kindergarten students aren't quite ready to learn about copyright and fair use, but keep those concepts in mind as you are creating curriculum for them :)

    ReplyDelete