Monday, August 24, 2015

Blog Post #0

Prior experiences using technology
Prior to this class, I would say I have a pretty good idea about how to use technology.  I know how to use most of the Microsoft programs, and the internet pretty well.  My iPhone is always in my hand or in my pocket,  so I know how to use that very well.  I am on many social media sights right now, so I would say that I know social media very well.

What you hope to learn in this class
In this class I hope to learn how to use different programs and touch up on the skills I already know.  I would also like to learn how I can use technology in my future classroom.  From social media for the students to communicate with me, to presentations in the classroom.

What you learned about your own learning style today
My results from the Leaning Style questionnaire show that I am in the range from about 1-3, with the exception of the 5 in VRB.  If scores are in the range of 1-3 that means I am pretty well balanced in those categories.  In the first category I lean more towards the reflective learner, which means I tend to see the facts and try to memorize them.  It is suggested that when studying I need to do more than just try and memorize the material.  I am a pretty well balanced sensing and intuitive learner. My results also show that I am a verbal learner instead of a visual learner.  I have noticed this all throughout my schooling.  Lastly, I have a 3 in sequential learning.  This means I like to learn things step by step.

1 comment:

  1. Mary- Excellent post! Thank you for taking the time to change the design of your blog. Very nice! I'm glad to hear that you are exciting about learning how to integrate technology into the classroom. If you have any particular areas of interest that we don't cover, please let me know! I enjoyed your reflections on who you are as a learner. Understanding your learning style (and all learning styles) will be very helpful in your future career as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete